Workforce Development Consulting Services Ltd. – WDCS North
Job Title: Partnership Coordinator
WDCS North is seeking qualified respondents to join our Employment services team. The Partnership Coordinator will be working cross-organizationally to develop long term relationships with employers in multiple communities to assist clients with job placement; directly linking them to sustainable employment in various occupations, and to conduct Job Search skills workshops as needed. The ideal candidate will have experience in event/project management and proven experience representing an organization to the highest standard.
Experience in building relationships with internal and external stakeholders of all levels and
Public speaking experience is required. The Partnership Coordinator will also demonstrate the ability to develop and adapt communications to respond to changing circumstances with demonstrated success managing multiple tasks with shifting and short deadlines and changing circumstances. We are looking for an engaging employee to promote our clients and our company, who is eager to work collaboratively as a part of team in order to build and improve processes, share learning and ideas, and to learn from team mates.
The ideal candidate will possess a Degree in a related discipline including Marketing, Sales and/or Employment counselling and planning, Social Work or Human Resources, and a minimum of three years related experience. Applicants with combination of post-secondary education in a related field e.g. Career Development Practitioner, combined with five years direct experience working in job development and/or employment specific client service, will be considered.
The Partnership Coordinator will:
· Build strong and authentic relationships within the business community
· Represent WDCS at external events; including regular travel, evening and weekend commitments.
· Be an exemplary WDCS representative at all times including with local media, and accurately present WDCS in all forums
· Possess a good working knowledge of the barriers faced by many job seekers and the supports available to assist job seekers to develop relevant skills for employment successes.
· Demonstrate a strong knowledge of the labour market needs/demands in BC
· Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Utilize their exemplary written and verbal communication skills to enable high level phone and email communications.
· Demonstrate the ability to research opportunities in multiple Northern communities/ make cold calls and build relationships
· Maintain accurate database records on all contact with partner team members as well as media or significant events.
· Strategically select sites to visit with a view to maximize engagement.
· Undertake administrative duties required for the position.
· Apply their knowledge of Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, confidence with internet and email and ability to understand and use a CRM database.
· Confident to undertake public speaking and ability to adjust to presenting in formal and informal settings.
· Enthusiasm for meeting new people.
· Integrity, strong work ethic and the ability to work independently.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Proactive, highly motivated and results driven.
· Excellent attention to detail
· Education and/or experience working with individuals with complex needs and from diverse backgrounds, working with them in a culturally sensitive manner.
This position requires a class 5 driver’s license.
Please submit resumes and cover letter via email to email@example.com, the deadline for submissions is October 15, 2019.
WDCS North Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. Individuals are hired on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
WDCS Behaviour Principles:
· REAL ·
Value others, care & listen
· Sincerely acknowledge the presence and input of others
· Show empathy towards colleagues and clients
· Listen with the intent to understand not to reply
· Consultative when working with others
Collaborate, empower & inspire
· Work cooperatively with a positive attitude to achieve common goals
· Encourage colleagues to express their ideas and expand on their abilities
· Inspire others to commit to goals by leading by example
· Fosters innovative thinking about ways to achieve individual and organization goals
Take responsibility, strive for excellence & value learning
· Confronts problems quickly and proactively
· Display a strong commitment to organizational success
· Look for opportunities to learn and develop professionally and personally
· Takes reasonable care for the health and well being of themselves and others
Have passion, drive & resilience
· Tell stories that inspire myself and the people I am talking to
· Go above and beyond to achieve greater results
· Pursue operational efficiencies and adapt to new ways of working
· Models optimistic and resilient behaviour